13 Jul FinOps
FinOps will enable participants to learn the following aspects about Financial Management:
- What is FinOps
- The changes in Cloud & IT
- The Framework, Principles, Teams and Roles, Domains and Capabilities of FinOps
- The use of a common language, of motivation techniques and the management of a team
- What is a Cloud Bill and how it works
- The phases of FinOps
- Use FinOps in a mature way
The consulting is designed for people who hold or desire to have a position in a FinOps team or cloud financial management. This is also suitable for FinOps consultants, vendors, or trainers, as it will help develop an understanding of FinOps concepts, practices, and application to improve business value from cloud spend.
This is also suitable for organizations with a public cloud-first strategy or undergoing a cloud migration.
In particular, target roles may be:
- Cloud Budget Owners
- Head of IT Finance
- FinOps practitioners
- Principal Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Service Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager or Director of Platform Engineering, Senior Enterprise Architect or EA Leader
- Finance and Procurement team members
- IT Program and Portfolio Management Leader
- Technology leaders (Head of Infrastructure, Head of Cloud Center of Excellence, CTO or CIO)
- Basic understanding of how cloud computing works, know the key services on your cloud providers, including their common use cases, and of billing and pricing models;
- Ability to describe the value proposition of using cloud;
- Understanding the core concepts of a pay-as-you-go consumption model;
- Basic knowledge of (at least) one of the three main public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).